Love coding and want to create something extraordinary that will impact the real world? Come join us at Virtual Marine where we develop serious games to improve safety at sea.
We are currently seeking a talented software developer with a passion for gaming/simulation to join our team. You will develop the next generation of simulation training that is both intelligent and immersive. You will be working in a small multidisciplinary engineering team where you will get to enjoy a variety of tasks involved in building marine simulators. Our culture embraces passionate developers who thrive in a self-starter environment.
One thing you won’t find at Virtual Marine is code monkeys. We are looking for a software developer who will apply the best practices to build the foundations of our software. Someone who wants to work as part of an open and transparent team that encourages collaboration across departments.
The great things you get to do:
- Create clean, reusable code and enforce coding standards and best practices
- Brainstorm with a dynamic team to flesh out new ideas or investigate tricky bugs
- Provide technical leadership, training on best practices and code reviews to other developers
- Optimize existing functionality for improved response times
- Prototype code with your first draft and then polish later, in a dedicated developer environment
- Debug and resolve platform issues reported by our users
- Roll out new features, then analyze and react to the results you discover from our system services and user feedback
- Conduct daily check-ins to assist other developers
- Participate in regular iteration meetings
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Health insurance
- Dynamic, fun, challenging work environment
- Flexible work hours
- Regular social events
Who you are:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development or related field
- Spent 5+ years developing in an object-oriented language like C++, C#, and Java
- Experience in game development and Artificial Intelligence is a plus
- Worked with databases including MS SQL Server
- Understand daily-use of software design patterns
- Not afraid of a nerf-gun battle
Think you might be a good fit? Tell us what excites you about this role, and feel free to include links to your GitHub or other project sites.
About Virtual Marine
Virtual Marine offers powerful custom-designed simulation capabilities to support the oil and gas, defence, and coast guard markets. The company provides lifeboat simulators, fast rescue craft simulators and integrated bridge and navigation system (INBS) simulators to customers in Canada, USA, Mexico, Germany, UK, Norway, Denmark, and Australia.
Virtual Marine Technology Inc.
P.O. Box 8282
St. John’s, NL
Or submit resume to email@example.com