Virtual Marine is currently seeking a field applications/electronics engineer to join the company’s growing team. The successful candidate will support the sales and marketing team in designing and developing products which meet the needs of specific customers. He/she will also work closely with the company’s mechanical and software engineers to develop electromechanical interfaces to integrate real world marine controls into the company’s simulation systems.
- Act as the primary technical point of contact for customers with the goal being to fully understand specific customer requirements
- Work with internal teams (i.e. curriculum, hardware and software) to develop simulations systems which meet identified customer requirements
- Observe and understand current customer use of simulation systems and recommend improvements in user and operator interfaces
- Provide direction to the product development team on improvements and enhancements to the company’s products
- Provide technical support for the sales team for customer demonstrations and for set up and operation of simulator systems at customer sites, trade shows, conference and exhibitions.
- Work with other members of the design and production teams to design new systems, circuits and devices
- Test theoretical designs in a lab environment
- Systematically improve the detailed design of specific pieces of electronic equipment and electronic components
- Ensure that electronic components work with hardware and software developed by others, can be produced again reliably, and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Create user-friendly interfaces for simulator systems
- Ensure safety standards are followed and regulations are met for developed components
- Prepare project plans and budgets for developments
- Develop and write specifications and technical reports to support the use and maintenance of electronic components
Areas of desirable experience:
- Customer facing experience in a field applications engineering role would be a definite asset
- Comfortable interacting with customers directly in customer organizations and at trade shows, conferences and exhibitions
- Analog and digital circuit analysis and design
- Experience with PCB design software (Eagle PCB or equivalent)
- Robotics experience
- General IT, computer trouble shooting, networking, etc.
- Fabrication experience – soldering techniques, machining, etc.
- Comfortable working with hand tools and bench equipment in a lab environment
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics or Electrical) from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Self-motivated and willingness to partake in the development of simulation components
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed
About Virtual Marine
Virtual Marine designs and develops marine simulation training systems for the Oil and Gas, Defence & Coast Guard, and Maritime Training industries. The company provides lifeboat simulators, fast rescue craft simulators, and integrated bridge and navigation system (INBS) simulators to customers in Canada, USA, Mexico, Germany, UK, Norway, Denmark, and Australia.
Virtual Marine Technology Inc.
P.O. Box 8282
St. John’s , NL
Or submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org